As you might know that it is now mandatory to link Aadhaar card with almost everything. The same is also applicable to EPF Account as well. You need to link your Aadhaar number to the UAN so as to avail all the services on the portal. Without this, many of the features of the EPFO portal would be disabled. In addition to this, the last date to link the date is also approaching. It is possible to link Aadhaar card with UAN with help of the eKYC portal provided by EPFO and the process is really simple.
Failing to link the Aadhaar Number with UAN Number would basically have three major implications. The first implication is that you would not be able to make any claims for the PF; the second implication is that you would not be able to merge multiple accounts for UAN and the third implication is that you will not be able to transfer PF from one account to another.
In addition to this, it should be noted that the employer is nowhere responsible to link your Aadhaar card with the UAN and hence you would have to complete the process yourself. Do not worry if you are not aware of the process as we have mentioned the complete process to update KYC below.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with UAN through Online Medium
- You can start the process by simply navigating to the EPF Portal and the link to the website is epfindia.com
- Once the page is displayed, scroll down a little and you will see a column for Online Services. From the various options listed there, click on eKYC Portal. If in case you are not able to find the option then you can also follow the direct link. The direct link to the eKYC portal is https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- On this new page, click on Link UAN Aadhaar and this will take you to a new page where you can start the process of linking the Aadhaar with UAN.
- In the first column, enter your UAN Number. Now, enter your Mobile number and click on Generate OTP. This will trigger an OTP request on your mobile and you need to enter the OTP in the designated area. It should be noted that you need to enter the mobile number linked to your UAN Number over here.
- In the next step, enter your gender and Aadhaar number and select the mode of Aadhaar verification. If you do not have a fingerprint scanner then you must choose Using Mobile/Email Based OTP.
- Click on submit button and this will generate another OTP on the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar Number. Enter the OTP in the designated area and click on submit button to complete the authentication process.
Tracking the UAN- Aadhaar Link
It is also possible to track the status of the request to link the UAN with the Aadhaar number. Follow the process mentioned below to track the status of the request.
- You can again jump to the eKYC page through the link mentioned above. Once the page is displayed, you can click on Track eKYC.
- A new page will be displayed and you can simply enter your UAN Number in the designated area. Click on Track EKYC after entering your UAN Number and the status of your request will be displayed.
If you haven’t still linked your Aadhaar card with the UAN then you must follow the process mentioned above to link the UAN with the portal and this would certainly help you a great deal in future.