All the employees working in private organization are a member of Employees Provident Fund Organization and every month, a part of their salary goes in Provident Fund contribution. The same amount is also deposited by the employer and this amount together forms a corpus for retirement. The PF amount can also be used while purchasing the house or during the child’s marriage. It is also possible to withdraw the amount in case of any life-threatening disease. Another advantage of EPF is the fact that the government offers a higher interest for EPF and hence a lot of people make voluntarily contribution apart from the amount that is deducted in their salary.
You must regularly check the EPF Balance in your account so that you can check for any sort of mistakes and that can be corrected. Ideally, the system is maintained through computers and a complex algorithm which never makes a mistake but there could certainly be a technical glitch.
These days, you do not have to wait for annual PF statement to check the balance and you can check the balance digitally through various mediums. There are four different ways to check EPF Account Balance and Statement and here, we have mentioned all the ways to check EPF Account Balance and Statement
Pre-Requisites for Checking EPF Account Balance and Statement
The Pre-Requisites for Checking EPF Account Balance and Statement are –
- You must know your UAN Number. If you do not know your UAN then you can retrieve it by going to Check Status
- Your UAN must be active and if your UAN is not active then you can activate your UAN by navigating to Activate UAN.
- You must know the password of UAN Login Account and if you do not remember the password then you would have to recover it using Forgot Password Wizard.
Checking EPF Balance and Account Statement through EPFO Portal
This is the most commonly used method to check the EPF Balance and here is how you can do it.
- To begin with, you can navigate to EPF India Portal by navigating to link https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Once the website is displayed, click on Our Services and then Click on For Employees. A new page will now be displayed.
- Scroll down on the page now and click on Member Passbook. This will redirect you to a new page.
- You can enter your UAN Number and the Login Password in the designated area. Enter the captcha code and click on login button. You will now be redirected to your account page.
- On the left hand side, click on the PF number associated with your account and the Statement of the account will now be displayed. You can go ahead and check the balance of your account from the statement.
Checking EPF Balance and Account Statement through Mobile App
EPFO recently launched the mobile application and hence it is also possible to check the EPF Balance through Mobile App. This has certainly added to the convenience and here is how you can do it.
- You can start by downloading and installing EPFO m-Sewa application on the Android device.
- Once the application is installed, initialize the application and click on Member Option from the list of options displayed.
- In the next step, Passbook Option and this will take you to a login screen. You would now need to enter your UAN along with your Mobile Number.
- If your Mobile number entered matches the number linked with your UAN then your account statement along with the balance will be displayed on the screen.
Checking EPF Balance and Account Statement through Missed Call
This service is especially for the people who are not technically sound and the service was launched recently. This is certainly the quickest mean to check the balance and the only pre-requisite to use this service is that the mobile number should be linked with UAN and the UAN Account should be KYC Compliant.
- If you meet the pre-requisites of checking the balance through Missed call then you can simply give a missed call on 011-22901406 and the call will automatically be disconnected after two rings.
- You will then receive the balance on your mobile number through a text message.
Checking EPF Balance and Account Statement through SMS
Recently, EPFO also launched the service to check the balance through SMS and it is also very easy to check the balance through SMS. Here is how you can do it.
- Simply SMS EPFOHO UAN to 7738299899 and you will then receive the text message of your account balance on your mobile number.
- It should that the default language for this service is English and but this service is available in a total of 10 languages. You can change the language by adding the language code in the message.
- For example, the language code for Bengali is BEN and to get the message in Bengali, you need to type EPFOHO UAN BEN and you can send it to the above mentioned number. For your convenience, we have mentioned the code for all 10 languages below
- English – Default Language, No Code Required
- Bengali – BEN
- Gujarati – GUJ
- Hindi – HIN
- Kannad – KAN
- Malayalam – MAL
- Marathi – MAR
- Punjabi – PUN
- Tamil – TM
- Telugu – TEL
- You can replace the code of language with any of the mentioned code and you will receive the text in the same language.
These were all the ways to check the EPF Balance and you can use any of the ways to check the balance. The easiest one, of course, is through Missed Call but if you need a print out of the statement then you must check it through EPFO Portal.