As you might be aware of the fact that the government has made it mandatory to link the financial accounts with the Aadhaar card. This includes your bank accounts, digital wallets and this also include your dmat account. This is basically to promote higher transparency in terms of financial transactions and curb the black money. This is also true for PF Accounts, as per a notification, it is also mandatory to link the Aadhaar card with PF Account. Now, you may question us about how can this be done.
Well, to begin with, if you recently joined your first job and if you gave the Aadhaar details to your employer while filling in the PF account then you do not really need to link the Aadhaar card with PF account as it would already be linked. If you generated UAN with the help of Aadhaar Card then also you would not have to link the Aadhaar number but if you are using an old Aadhaar number then you would have to link the Aadhaar card. There are two ways to do so and we have mentioned both the ways.
The first option to link the Aadhaar card is via UAN login and here are more details about the same.
- To link the Aadhaar card, you need to first visit the EPFO Member Portal of the EPFO and the link to the employee portal is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On this portal, login with your EPFO Login This will redirect you to the dashboard of your UAN Account.
- In the next step, simply click on Manage button from the top menu bar and click on KYC Button.
- You will notice a list of documents that can be linked with the UAN Number. Select Aadhaar Number there, enter your Aadhaar number and also enter your name as it is mentioned on the Aadhaar number.
- Verify that there is no spelling mistake and submit the same. Once that is done, the Aadhaar card will be verified with the UIDAI Database and the link will be complete once the verification is complete.
If you would like to link the Aadhaar card with the EPF account without having to login to the UAN Account then that is also possible. You can follow the steps below to link the Aadhaar card with that type of procedure and you would not need EPFO Login details in this process.
- You need to find the link for linking Aadhaar card with UAN Number. We are sharing the direct link with you and the direct link is https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/LinkUanAadhaar.How+To+Update+Aadhaar+KYC+EPFO-UAN+Unified+Portal+Pen+Bank+Detail+Aadhaar
- On this link, you need to first enter your UAN Number and you would have to validate it with the OTP. Once that is done, you will have to enter some other details along with Aadhaar number.
- Validate your Aadhaar number using OTP and you will now be able to link the Aadhaar number with the UAN. This procedure takes much less time as the verification is instant. You would not have to wait for a week for the verification to be complete.
These were the two different procedures to link the Aadhaar card with the PF Account. You can follow any of these procedures but do make sure that you complete the linking procedure of the Aadhaar card with the PF Account. Without linking the two, you will not be able to avail various services. Rather, you will not be able to avail any service without linking the Aadhaar card. Hence, it is better to link the two today.