By now, you must be aware of the benefits of Universal Account Number and if you work in private sector then you must also be having a UAN Number. Just to provide you with a brief introduction, you must know that it is possible to download the UAN Passbook with help of EPFO portal and in addition to this, you can also transfer your PF amount from one employer to another. In addition to this, you can make claims on your PF and the amount can directly be transferred to the account. These are some of the amazing benefits of the EPFO Portal.
To avail all these benefits you need to know your UAN Number and the UAN should also be active. If you do not know about the UAN or if you are not sure if the UAN is active then this article is for you as we have listed the process to check the UAN Status through EPFO Portal.
Steps to Check UAN Status
The process to find your UAN is same as checking the UAN status and the steps are listed below.
- Just like any other service related to UAN, the first step to generate UAN and check the UAN status is to navigate to the EPFO website. The link to the EPFO website is mentioned below.
- Once the website is displayed, you can then click on Our Services from the Top Menu Bar and then click on For Employees from the drop-down menu displayed.
- Now, a new page will be displayed. Scroll down on this page and check out the list of services available. You will see that there is a link to Member UAN/Online Services (OCS/OTCP). You must click on this link.
- A page will open in a new tab and on this page, you need to click on Know Your UAN Status. This will again redirect you to a new page where you can generate and check the status of your UAN. If you are unable to find the path, then you can also navigate to the link mentioned below
- You can now find you UAN with help of multiple details so basically, you would need one of the following.
- Member ID or PF Number
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN Number.
- Enter one of the details mentioned above and then proceed to enter Name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, and email address. You would also require to enter the captcha code for the verification and then click on Get Authorization Pin Button.
- This will now trigger an OTP request and you will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter the OTP on the next page and click on submit button.
- You will now receive a text message which would mention your UAN Number and the status of your UAN
It should be noted that if you are not able to find your UAN with any of the details then you must refer to your salary statement as the UAN Number is always listed on the salary statement. If you are still facing any problem then you must contact someone from the HR team in your office and they will certainly be able to resolve the issue for you.