UAN Login – EFP Member Portal EPFO Member Login for PF Transfer, EPF Balance Status and Withdrawal Process
Provident Fund is an essential part of savings for the future. This fund helps in creating a retirement fund but the benefits of the Provident fund is that you not only save for retirement but you can also use this money to buy a house or any other major expense like child’s marriage or child’s education. There was a time when the government used to manage the Provident Fund manually but all the process has now been automated.
Employee Provident Fund Organization or EPFO is the central agency which takes care of Provident Fund and compliance related to the provident fund. To digitalize the process, Universal Account Number or the UAN was introduced and this became a common linkage between all the Provident Fund Account a person ever held.
UAN Login Process
Follow the steps mentioned below to login to the EPFO Portal.
- First you all, you need to visit the Members Portal of EPFO. The link for the Member’s portal is – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Once you are on the page, you simply have to navigate to the right side of the page where you can enter your UAN and Password to login to your account.
- You would also have to enter the captcha code before you will be able to log in.
Now, you are in your UAN account and you can avail of the services that you want.
UAN made it easy to transfer the PF or withdraw PF online. In addition to this, UAN also made it possible to check the Provident Fund Balance in real time. All these services are delivered to the people via EPFO Member Portal. You need to simply Login to EPFO Member Portal to avail any of these services.
The link for the member portal is – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
The link mentioned above can be used by the Employees to access their account but the link can’t be used by the employer to log in to the organization’s account. Just like the member portal, there is an employer portal which provides all the services to the Employer. Below is the link for central EPF Portal which can be used to access the Employer Portal of EPFO
The link for the EPF Portal is – https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
Apart from this portal, you can use the mobile application to avail all the services that are available on EPFO Portal. Umang Application is now available on all smartphones which let you access all the services on mobile.
Read along to know about the different functions of the EPF Portal along with the steps to avail these services.
UAN Member Portal
UAN Member Portal is the central portal which helps the members in availing all the services. The members are not just the employee but the employers are also considered to be the members. There are several benefits of the UAN Member Portal for the employee as well as the employer. Here is a list of services that can be availed via employee and employer with help of the UAN Member Portal. This is also known as EPF Online Portal and hence do not get confused when someone uses other terms for the UAN Member Portal.
Different Services Offered through UAN Member Portal
UAN Member Portal. You do not require any details for this and you can simply check the status by logging in to your UAN Account
As you know that Member Portal of UAN is the central portal which offers all sort of services to the employees. The portal is enough to take up any job for the employee and if you are wondering what all services are now available through Member Portal of UAN then here is the long list of services mentioned below.
- View Tab – Many services are offered under the View Menu button. Here is the list of services that you can avail by clicking on the view button
- Accessing Provident Fund Profile – Basically, you can view your complete profile from View Tab by simply going to your profile. This will have all your personal information like the UAN Number, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Contact Number, Bank Details, and address. Some of this information like the contact
- Checking Service Records of the Employee – As mentioned earlier, you can place many different requests with help of the Member Portal of UAN. It is possible to place a withdrawal request or a transfer request from the UAN portal and the process is quite simple.
With help of the Member portal, you can see all the past request that you ever put in. The records are maintained from the start of time and these records would have the list of PF number, the list of transfer requests along with the list of withdrawal requests. The portal would also display the name of previous companies where the employee worked along with the date of joining and the last working day.
- Accessing Provident Fund Passbook – The Member Portal of UAN do not have the access to the UAN Passbook directly but it can redirect you to the link which would let you access your passbook to check your details account statement.
- Downloading UAN Card – You can also view, download and print your UAN card from the Member Portal of UAN. This card is required when you are planning to approach the EPFO office for withdrawal request or for the transfer request. The card is similar to any of the ID proof and it can be downloaded easily.
- Manage Tab – Many services are offered under the Manage Menu button. Here is the list of services that you can avail by clicking on the manage button
- Contact Information – Manage tab lets you change your mobile number, email address or the residential address. It is quite easy to make those changes but the only condition is that you must have the access to your old mobile number as an OTP will be shared with you on this number. In addition to this, if you do not have access to your old number then you would have to call the helpdesk to get the number changed. They will be able to change the number after asking you a series of question for validation purpose.
- Update KYC Information – If you haven’t uploaded your KYC information on the portal yet then you can also update your KYC from the mange button. It is required for you to be KYC Compliant in order to put in withdrawal or transfer request. Without the KYC, you can’t put any such request in the system. The documents you can submit for KYC includes PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Bank Account Details, Driving Licence or Ration Card.
- Other Services Offered – Apart from the services mentioned above, there are some more services that you can obtain from the Member portal. Here is the information about these services.
- Provident Fund Withdrawal – You can access the claim form from the Member Portal of UAN and the forms available on the portal includes Form 31, Form 19 and Form 10C. You can fill these forms online and these forms can help you in the partial or full withdrawal of your PF. There are certain conditions attached to this and you must know that the withdrawal request is subjected to approval from your employer. It should be noted that you must link your Aadhaar number and bank account with the UAN before putting in any request for withdrawal.
- Provident Fund Transfer – It is also possible for you to raise a request for the transfer of PF from the old PF number to the new PF number. This request is routed to the new employer and once the new employer accepts the request, the PF would be transferred over to your new PF number. All this remains under the same UAN.
- Status of Request Submitted in Past – Once you put in any sort of request for withdrawal or transfer, you can also check the status of the request through the online UAN Member Portal. You do not require any details for this and you can simply check the status by logging in to your UAN Account
Benefits of UAN Portal for the Employee
UAN Portal offers numerable benefits to the employee and we have listed some of the benefits it offers. In addition to this, the government is working day and night to offer more services to the people with help of the new UAN Portal
- Checking EPF Balance – The UAN Portal makes it possible to check the balance in the Provident Fund account in real time. In earlier days, this was not possible and the Provident Fund statement was only available bi-annual. This certainly left a lot of space for error but today, this is not the case. You can login to the UAN account right now and check the balance. You can also check the interest amount that you received every year in real time. The portal not only shows the employee contribution but it also shows the employer contribution and the balance in the pension fund.
- Checking Passbook – It is also possible to access, download and print the Provident Fund Passbook with help of UAN Portal. You can actually see the monthly bifurcation of the contributions made by you as well as the employer. All this is available to you at the comfort of your home. These factors can help you in better planning for your future as you are always updated about the value of your corpus. You can also raise the dispute for the missing transaction and it can be resolved in nick of time.
- Making Online Claims – With help of the UAN portal, it became really easy to make withdrawal claims for the Provident Fund. You no more have to fill those lengthy forms and you do not have to stand in line to withdraw your money. All you have to do is that you have to fill in an online form and the money will be transferred to your account as per the standard lead times.
- Checking the Status of the Claim – Earlier, it was not possible to track the status of the claim and the online option you had was to call the Employee Provident Fund Office and check the status of the claim. This doesn’t hold true anymore as you can check the status of your claims through this amazing online portal. You can also escalate the issue in case of the delay.
- Making Online Transfer – So in earlier days, it was not as easy to transfer the Provident Fund from one account to another. This was especially needed when the people changed jobs. It was so inconvenient that people often chose to withdraw their money from the provident fund after changing employers. Today, the scenario is totally opposite as people are able to transfer their money from one PF account to another. All this is done only and they continue to earn high interest on their money in the account.
- KYC Registration – With the new EPFO portal, it is possible to register your KYC Documents through online medium. You do not have to walk up to the HR or to the EPF Office to submit your documents. All the process has been digitalized.
Benefits of UAN Portal for the Employer
As mentioned earlier, the UAN came as a blessing not only for the employee but also for the employer. Let us now look at the benefits offered by the new UAN portal to the employers.
- Adding New Employee to System – Earlier, the employers had to fill the long forms to register the new employee with the EPFO but now, all this can be done online. The forms can be uploaded to the portal and the new employees can be added to the system in nick of time. This certainly saves a lot of time as well as resources. The new UAN Portal certainly makes it a lot easier to add new employees to UAN System.
- Creating new PF Number – It is not just about adding the employee to the system, the employer can now allocate the Provident Fund number to the employee easily. The documents are still required but these documents can now be scanned and submitted online. The documents are later verified by the officials.
- Linking PF with UAN – If in case the employee already has a UAN Number then the employer can go ahead and link the new Provident Fund number to the existing UAN Number. The process is not at all complicated and it saves the employer from a lot of paperwork. In this case, the only thing that the employee needs to do is that he needs to provide his UAN number to the new employer. The new PF number will automatically be listed under the same UAN Number.
- Registering KYC Information – When a new profile is created on the UAN then it is mandatory for the employer to add his KYC information. This also needs uploading some of the important KYC documents. All this is now done online and if the UAN is already available then the step can be skipped as well. The employer can now also upload the information in bulk batches and this makes it easy for the employer to add data and verify the data for the new joiners.
- Downloading the Listed Employee from UAN – Employer can also download the list of the employees listed on the UAN portal. This works as a reconciliation to ensure that no employer is missed on the UAN portal. This feature reduces the margin of error as the UAN portal introduces many new controls in the system. In addition to this, the new portal also checks for the duplicate entry from the employer.
- Monitoring Transfer Request – When an employee registers a transfer request for transferring the Provident Fund amount from the old Provident Fund Account to the new account, the request needs an approval from the new employer. These approvals can now be made online and it makes the process lot quicker. It is certainly one of the best advantages of the UAN Portal for the employer as well as the employee.
- Approving Claim Requests – The employer can now also approve the claim requests made by the employee. In earlier days, the employee had to fill in the claim form and submit it to the HR of the company. In the later stages, the HR used to process the forms and it was really time consuming. All this has been digitalized now and the standard lead times have come down drastically.
The process to EPFO Login to the New UAN Portal
So UAN Member portal would allow you to login to your Provident Fund account once you have completed the registration. You must note that registering the UAN or activating UAN are the same thing. Once that is done, here is how you can log in to your Member Porta of UAN
- Navigate to the EPFO Portal and the link to the portal is mentioned below.
- Once the Portal is displayed, you will notice an option to login on the right hand side of the screen. All you have to do is that you need to enter the UAN Number along with your Password. You will also have to enter the captcha code to login to the new UAN Portal.
- Once you log in, you will be able to access your passbook, UAN Card, Details, Claim Forms, Transfer Requests, KYC Details and all such stuff from your account.
It must be noted that after setting your new password, you need to wait 6 hours before you access your Passbook as the system takes 6 hours after a password change to reconcile. During this time, you will be able to login to the UAN portal but you will not be able to access the passbook.
EPF Employer Login
The employer can log in to the Members Portal and avail various services available to them. To log in to the employer portal, the authorized person should have the username and password to the portal. In addition to this, the organization should be registered on the employer’s portal.
The link for the EPFO Employer Login portal is – https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/
If you are an employer then you can visit the page mentioned above and simply log in to the portal using your credentials. You will then be redirected to the dashboard of the portal and you can avail of any of the required services from EPF Employer Login.
Earlier there were a lot of dependencies on the employer for the UAN registration. The process was also very complicated as it required a lot of documentation. This usually caused a long delay in the UAN allotment. Something had to be done to make it a lot simpler so the EPFO made a provision for the employees to register their UAN all by themselves. The employee just needed their PAN card and Aadhaar Card to register for UAN online. Within seconds, the UAN Number can be generated which can help the employee as well as the employer.
Benefits of Self UAN Registration
Some of the benefits of self UAN Registration includes
- The UAN registration made it easy for the employee to get the UAN. The process time was cut down drastically.
- The process also helped the employer as it reduced the paperwork for them and it also helped the employer in making things quick for the employee.
- The PF account number can now instantly be attached to the UAN Number and it should be noted that the person can have only one UAN Number.
Registration on the new UAN Portal through Online Medium
Unlike the old days, registering on the UAN portal is not a herculean task anymore. The process has been simplified to such an extent that a person can register himself on the UAN portal even without looking at the steps. Anyways, here are the brief steps of registering on the UAN Member Portal.
- UAN Portal – To register on the Member Portal, the employee first needs to navigate to the UAN Member Portal. The portal can be accessed by clicking the link mentioned below
- Activate UAN – Once the portal has been accessed, the employee can go to the activate UAN option and then enter all the mandatory details. It is not compulsory for the employee to have the UAN Number. It can easily be recovered with the PAN Number, PF Number or the Aadhaar Number.
- Entering the Details – The employee can then enter all the details in the activation portal and validate the details before clicking on the submit button.
- OTP Authentication – After clicking on the submit button, and One Time Password is shared with the employee on his registered mobile number. The employee just have to enter the OTP to complete the registration process
- Setting a Password – In the last step, the employee just has to enter his new password which he can use for logging in to the UAN Portal. This was the last step and the Registration on UAN Portal is complete with this.
It should be noted that the user ID for the employee would be the UAN number and the password was set in the last step. The employee needs to keep these details very safely with him so as to avoid misuse or any sort of inconvenience in future. However, if you can’t remember your UAN or your Password then you can find your UAN by navigating to Check UAN Status Link and the Password can be reset by simply using the forget password wizard.
If you know your UAN then the first step to login to the process is to activate the UAN. This is only a one time process and it needs to be done before the first login. This process helps you in creating your first password. After the activation, the password is sent to you on your mobile and you can change the password during the consecutive logins. Without activating UAN, you will not be able to avail any service. Here is how you can activate your UAN.
Steps to Activate UAN
Here are the steps for UAN Activation.
- Once again, start the process by going to the Members Portal of EPFO. The link of the portal is mentioned below.
- On this portal, go to the bottom right section of the page where you will find a list of important links. From this list, click on Activate UAN. You will now be taken to a new page to activate your UAN. Follow the link mentioned below to navigate to the page directly.
- On this page, enter the Member ID, Aadhaar Number or the PAN Number to proceed. Select the appropriate radio button.
- Once that is done, enter other details including your name, date of birth, mobile number and the email address. At bottom of the page, enter the security code mentioned on the page and once all the details have been filled, click on Get Authorization pin.
- You will now receive an OTP on your mobile and you will need to enter the OTP in the designated area to proceed to the next step.
- You just need to click on the submit button to complete the activation process. Once the UAN is activated, you will also receive a password on your number to log in for the first time.
How to Know UAN status
Most of the process for the UAN Related services are now available online. In such a case, you need to have your UAN Number with you. This is not all, your UAN number should also be activated and if it is not active, then you can certainly activate your UAN number from the EPFO Website.
There are times when you might not be aware of the activation status of the UAN Number. In such a case, EPFO Member Portal offers you with the facility to verify the UAN Status through online medium. If you are also not sure whether your UAN is active or not then do not worry as here is the process to check the UAN Status through an online EPFMember Portal.
Steps to Check UAN Status
- To check the UAN Status, you need to visit the EPF India Website and the link to the website is https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php. On the website, you need to click on Out Services and then click on For Employee.
- This will take you to a new page. On the bottom of the page, there is a section for Services. From there, click on Member UAN/Online Services. You can also directly visit the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ to reach out to this page.
- On this page, you need to find the section for Important Link. On this section, click on Know Your UAN Status. You can again access this page directly by going to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/no-auth/uanActivation/knowUan?_HDIV_STATE_=6-6-FF6363D22A0F98E0638FDE149AB70C7B
- You will now have to enter the details on the page to check the status of your UAN. To begin with, you need to enter your PF Number, Aadhaar Number or PAN Number. After this, you can enter the name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID. Also, enter the captcha code
- Click on Get Authorization Pin after entering all these details. This will trigger an OTP request on your mobile number that is registered with the UAN Number. Enter the OTP in the designated area and click on submit button.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and you will receive a message on your mobile number. This message will have your UAN Number and the status of the UAN.
The process is not only helpful in checking the UAN status but the process can also be used to retrieve your UAN Number. You don’t even need your PF number to retrieve your UAN Number. You can do so by Aadhaar Number or PAN number if these details are linked to the UAN. If these details are not linked to the UAN then you will have to use the PF number to fetch these details.
If your UAN is not active then you can activate your UAN with help of the EPFO Member Portal. Also, if your UAN is active but you do not remember the password then you can go ahead and reset the password for your UAN.
Get EPF Claim in 5 Days by Linking Your Aadhaar Card
There was a time when it used to take over 45 days to get the EPF Claim. This could have been a major problem for the people as they had to go through several rounds of verification and they also had a lot of problem in submitting the form at first place.
The PF Withdrawal form was the length and the process was tough. But since last year all these things changed. It became possible to claim the EPF through online medium and do you know that you can receive the money in your bank account in just 5 days? Surprising, isn’t it? It might be surprising but this is true. There are a few conditions that should be met before you can actually get the claim money in 5 days. Let us now look at the pre-requisites for getting the EPF Claim in 5 days.
- You need to have an active UAN and you should be able to login to your UAN Account.
- You should have your Aadhaar number linked to the EPF Account. Without that, you will not be able to claim EPF.
- Your bank account details should be added to EPF account and without that, you will not be able to claim for EPF.
If you meet these conditions then you can simply use your UAN Login details to login to your UAN Account. Once that is done, you can go ahead and fill in the claim form. The process is quite simple and user friendly. In the later stages, you will have to submit the form. Your job ends here but do ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria to withdraw PF. Once everything is done, the form will be sent for the verification.
Now, the wait starts and you just need to wait for 5 working days. Within this time, your EPF Amount will be transferred to your bank account digitally. The process is really simple and it has been made really quick. People do not have to wait for months now to get hold of EPF Money. This has encouraged more people to invest in EPF and the interest rate on the savings are high which again triggers the interest of people in investing in EPF.
So, if you have not yet linked the Aadhaar card to EPF then you may want to link it today. Why wait for the retirement day to link the Aadhaar card with the EPF Account. EPF may take a couple of days for the verification of your Aadhaar Number and hence that may cause a delay if you do not link your Aadhaar number to your EPF Account before withdrawing your funds.
How to transfer your Provident Fund Online?
There was a time when transferring the EPF was not possible. Every time you switch a job, youhad to create a new EPF Account. With the launch of UAN, the process was simplified and you didn’t have to create a new EPF Account every time. You could have simply transferred the EPF with a simple UAN Number.
During the first few initial years, the process was based offline and you had to submit the offline application for the transfer of EPF. This was later changed again and the EPFO made provision for the online transfer. The good part about this is that the request doesn’t reach the old employer. This request just needs to be validated by the new employer for the transfer to be complete.
Before you start the transfer, you may have a question that why should you really transfer the EPF and why can’t you close the account and withdraw your EPF.
We will answer this question by listing out the advantages of transferring the EPF. Below are all the advantages.
- If you close the EPF Account before 5 years then you will have to pay a TDS on your savings. This is a drawback of closing the account. You can transfer the money to the new account to avoid this case.
- You will keep earning higher interest on the savings made in the old EPF Account. If you withdraw the money then you will have to invest it somewhere and the interest savings may not be that high. The worst case scenario, you may end up spending all that money somewhere.
So, you would have seen that it is actually better to transfer the EPF to the new account. If you would like to know the procedure of transferring the EPF there below is the process.
Steps to Transfer EPF Online
- To initiate a transfer request, visit the employee portal of EPF via https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and login on this portal with help of your EPFO Login ID and Password.
- On the dashboard, you need to click on Online Services and then select One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)
- This will take you to a new page where the details of the transfer would be listed. You must ensure that the KYC details are seeded against the UAN Number and there is no active Transfer request.
- Once that is done, verify the details which are listed on the form. Enter the details which are missing and ensure that all the details are correct.
- You can now submit the request and this will trigger an OTP request on your mobile number. Enter the OTP number to authenticate the request. Once that is done, you will receive a request number for the transfer of the EPF.
This request number should be kept safely and you need to ensure that you do not misplace this number. In addition to this, also ensure that you have filled the details correctly. The request will be forwarded to the new employer for verification. Once the verification is done, the amount will be transferred from the old account to the new account.
The process takes just about 2 working days after the request has been approved by the employer and hence there is no wait time. The EPF amount along with the pension amount is transferred to your new EPF Account.
How to transfer your Provident Fund Offline?
As you know that it is possible to transfer the EPF through the online medium from one account to another but do you know that you can also transfer the EPF through the offline medium. This is certainly possible but the process is a little complicated and time consuming. If you do not have the Mobile Number linked to the UAN Number then you would have to take this offline router.
To help you, we have listed the process to transfer the EPF through the online process and the process is listed below
Steps to Transfer Your Provident Fund Offline
- In the offline procedure, you will have to obtain the Form 13 to start the process. The form should be available with the employer but if it is not then you would have to approach the EPFO to obtain the form.
- Once you have the form, you can simply fill in the form as per the details you have. Ensure that all the details are correct. Once that is done, you will have to submit this form to the previous employer.
- The old employer will then validate your form and they will attest the form to confirm the transfer. The form will then be given back to you. The timeline for this depends on your employer.
- You will now have to submit this form to EPFO along with the Annexure K. This Annexure is provided to you by the employer along with the attested copy of the form.
- This form will be verified by the EPFO and they will then process your request. After the submission of the form to EPFO, it can take upto 15 days for the EPFO to complete the transfer.
You will receive a message after the transfer is complete. In addition to this, we would recommend you to activate your UAN as this can ease off the process for you. You can transfer the PF without any problem and you will not have to run from one employer to another. Also, you will be able to track the claim online if you are putting in the request through online medium.
Some of the employers may submit the transfer form to EPFO on your behalf after you submit the form to the old employer for the verification and hence check about the same with your former employer.
How to Claim PF Funds Online and EPF Withdrawal Procedure
Withdrawing EPF is an important part of the EPF System and without this, there is actually no use of the system. The good part is that the procedure to withdraw the funds are now easy and you do not really have to run from pillar to post to withdraw your EPF. Just like the transfer process, the process of withdrawal of PF Funds is based online. You can fill in the request online if you meet the eligibility criteria for the withdrawal.
Before we move on to the withdrawal process, we will first talk about the eligibility criteria to withdraw EPF.
- Retirement / Unemployment- There are two cases when the employee can actually withdraw his complete PF. The first case here is when the employee retires from his job after a specific age. The second case here is when the employee is without the job for two months. In both these cases, the employee can withdraw the fund.
- Education / Marriage – Also, in the case of marriage and educational requirements, the employee can withdraw funds and the limit of withdrawal in such a case as high as 50% of employee share. However, the account should be 7 years old to withdraw the amount. This appliesto the employee and the children of the employee. The brother can also be considered in case of the marriage.
- Purchase of Land / House – In case of the purchase of a land or a constructed house the employee can also withdraw EPF after 5 years and here, the maximum amount that can be withdrawn for the Purchase of Land is 24 times of monthly wages and the dearness allowance. For the purchase ofa constructed house, the limit is 36 times.
- Repayment of Home Loan – If you have a home loan and if you wish to use your EPF Money to repay the loan then we have another good news for you. You can withdraw 90% of the total contribution for the payment of the home Also, the EPF account here should be at least 10 years old.
- Renovation – If you need to renovate your house then you can withdraw 12 times the monthly wage for yourself. The only condition here is that the employee should have the same PF account for last 5 years.
- For Living the Life – This is now a new amendment in the act and as per this, you can withdraw 90% of the total accumulated balance at the age of 57. This is certainly helpful in planning ahead for retirement.
This was all about the eligibility criteria for the withdrawal of EPF. In addition to this, you can also go ahead and withdraw the EPF through online process. The good news for you here is that the amount can be credited to your account in 5 working days if your Aadhaar Number is linked to the EPF Account. Here is how you can withdraw the Funds for yourself.
Steps to Withdraw PF Funds Online
- To start the process, you need to visit the EPFO Employee Portal. Simply follow the link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and you will land on the homepage of the employee portal.
- On this portal, you can go ahead and EPFO Member login with help of your UAN Login and Password. This will take you to the dashboard of your UAN Account.
- You can now click on Online Services and then select Claims from the menu option. On the next screen, you need to click on Proceed for Online Claim.
- You will now have to select between Full EPF Settlement or Partial EPF Settlement. You can make the selection as per your requirement and eligibility.
- After this, you will have to enter a few more details on the form and proceed with the OTP verification. You will receive the OTP on your mobile and you will have to enter the OTP in the designated area to submit the details.
- After the submission, you will receive an SMS Confirmation about your withdrawal and you will receive an SMS alert after each and every step. In 5 working days, the amount will be transferred to your bank account.
It should be noted that your KYC should be completed and you should have entered your Bank Account details before starting the process. In addition to this, your UAN should also be in an active state.
How to Check PF Claim Status
As you know that you can use the Members portal to make transfer and withdrawal request. It is also possible to track the status of these claims through the member’s portal. This can be done in real time and you do not have to call the EPFO to check the status now. Here is how you can check the PF Claim Status online.
Steps to How to Check PF Status
- To check the status, go to the member’s portal once again and link for member’s portal is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Log in to your account and you will be taken to the dashboard. Now, click on the Online Service Option from the top menu bar and click on Track Claim Status.
- A new page will be displayed which will display the EPF Claim Status of all the claims made by you in past. This process can help you in all EPFO Claim Status easily.
This was all about the EPFO member portal and its services. It is certainly a great initiative by EPFO as it adds transparency to the system. In addition to this, it also cuts down the lead times for every service.
How to know the PF Claim Status (EPF Withdrawal Status) – Online
Just like other services, EPFO website also offers you with the option to track the status of the request through online medium. Here, we have listed the process to track the claim status through the online medium. Here is how you can do it.
- Visit the EPFO website to track the claim status and you need to visit the employee portal for the same. If you do not have the link to the portal then you can click on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On this EPF Member Portal, login with the EPFO Member Login ID and the Password that you have. Once that is done, you will find yourself on the dashboard of the page.
- You need to click on Online Services and then select Track Claim Status. This will take you to the Next page where your transfer claim or withdrawal claims would be listed.
- The status of the claim would also be listed there and hence you would not have to worry about navigating through several options to check the simple status.
This was the process to check the status of the claim request through online medium. In case of any issue, feel free to escalate or email the EPFO team about your query.
How to know the PF Claim Status (EPF Withdrawal Status) – Offline
We have already talked about checking the EPF status Online but what if the person doesn’t have the access to online details. In such a case, you can restrict yourself to the offline process to verify the status of the claim. To check the status of the Claim, you can follow either of the two methods.
- You can visit the EPFO to check the status of the claim. Share the details of the EPFO account and the executive will be able to share the status with you.
- You can also give them a call to check the status. The helpline number for EPFO is 1800 11 8005 and you can call them from 9:15 AM to 5:45 PM. The team can help you in checking the status of your request.
It can be a little difficult to check the status of the claim through the offline process and hence we would recommend you to opt for the online method to check the status.
With help of the UAN portal, it is now possible to check the EPF balance online. The process has added a lot of transparency to the system and the employee can now track the PF balance as and when required. This helps in planning for the future as well. Another advantage, in this case, is that the employee can ensure that the provident fund amount is deposited on monthly basis.
There are many ways to check EPF balance through the online medium and one of the easiest way to check the EPF balance is through the Missed Call Facility. This is right, just like other banks, EPFO also offers a facility to check the balance of the EPF Account through a missed call. Do you know how to check PF Balance? Well, if you do not know the process then do not worry as here is the process for the same.
How to Check PF Balance Check via Missed Call
So to check EPF Balance, you just need to give a missed call on 011-2290 1406. The call will automatically be disconnected after a couple of rings and once the call is disconnected, you will receive your balance on your mobile phone via message. It should be noted that your mobile number should be registered with your UAN for this service to work.
EPFO Balance Enquiry via SMS
It is not just Missed Call that can help you in checking the balance of your account but you can also check the EPF Balance with help of the SMS service. To check the balance, you can send the following message to 77382 99899
Text Message – EPFOHO UAN ENG
Once this message is delivered, you will receive another text with the details of your balance in your PF Account.
PF Balance Check with UAN Number
We have already listed the ways to check the PF Balance through SMS and Missed Call Service, however, you can also check the PF Balance through the UAN Number with help of the Online Portal. Below are the steps to check the PF Balance through the UAN Number.
Steps to check PF Balance with UAN Number
- To check the balance, you need to visit the EPFO Portal and link for the portal is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Once you are on this home page, click on Our Services from the Menu Tab and click on For Employee from the drop-down You will now be taken to a new page which basically lists the services for the employee.
- Scroll down on this page and click on the link for downloading passbook. This will again take you to a new page. if you are unable to find the link for the passbook then you can use the link mentioned below
- On this page, simply log in with your UAN and the password for the member’s portal. Once you log in, you will be redirected to the dashboard and click on the PF number on the left hand side of the page to check the PF Balance.
EPF Balance Passbook
The Employee Portal helps you in checking the balance and it also helps you in downloading your passbook. The passbook gives you a bifurcation of the amount deposited every month on behalf of you. In addition to this, the passbook also gives a bifurcation of the employers share and the pension fund amount.
The passbook is available in the PDF format which can be downloaded and printed for your use.
Here is the process of downloading the EPF Balance Passbook.
The process to Download EPF Balance Passbook
- The process is very simple and it starts with the e-Passbook Portal of EPFO. The link of the portal is – https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- To access the passbook, your UAN should be active and you should know the password of your UAN portal.
- Enter your UAN number and the password for the portal in the designated area along with the captcha code.
- Click on the login button and you will now be taken to the dashboard.
- You will notice that on the left hand side of the page, there is a list of PF numbers. Click on the PF number for which you want the Passbook.
- Your passbook will now be displayed on the screen and you can check your contribution along with your employer’s contribution.
It should be noted that the employer’s contribution is split into two parts and one part goes to the PF account while the other goes to the pension fund. Another point to be noted is that if you changed the password of your member’s portal then you will only be able to access your Passbook after 6 hours from the password reset.
How to update my KYC details for an EPF account – Online?
Since last few years, it is mandatory to update the KYC details in all the accounts. This is true for a bank account, phone number and other such services. As per the notification, it is also mandatory for the people to update the KYC Details on the EPF Account. Without updating KYC, it is technically impossible to avail the services such as withdrawing funds and transferring EPF.
If the KYC details are updated, you can also go ahead and escalate the issues if there is a delay in submission of EPF by the company. Moreover, EPFO also sends the notification about the amount deposited in your account but this only happens if the UAN Account is KYC Compliant. Hence, it is better to upload your KYC Details on your EPF Account then to suffer later.
To begin with, we will first share the list of documents that can be used to update the KYC on your EPF Account.
Documents Required to Submit KYC Details on EPF Portal
These documents include
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Bank Passbook
- Ration Card
- National Population Register
You can use any of these documents to upload your KYC details. Now, let us talk about the process of uploading KYC Details on EPF Member Portal. The process is listed below and you can follow the same.
Steps to Upload KYC Details on EPF Portal
- To begin the process, you need to visit the EPF India website. The link to the website is https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php. On the website, click on Our Services and then select For Employee.
- You will be taken to a new page and you would have to select Member UAN / Online Services from this page. If you are not able to find the link then you can also click on the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now, you need to login to your EPF Account using the EPFO Login For this, you should already have an active account. If your account is not yet active then you need to activate the account first. Once that is done, simply login to your account.
- You will now be redirected to the dashboard of your account. You will notice that there are many options for you on the top menu bar. From here, click on Manage and then select KYC from the drop-down menu.
- This option will take you to a new page and here, you will be able to add the KYC Details. The process is quite simple, you need to select the type of document that you are uploading and then you need to enter the document number followed by the name on the document.
- So, for example, you want to upload your Aadhaar details for your KYC, simply check on the box net to Aadhaar card and enter your Aadhaar number along with name on the Aadhaar card.
- Once that is done, click on save button and the KYC will be updated. The records will be verified digitally and once the records have been verified, they will be added to the Digitally Approved KYC List.
This was the process to upload your KYC details on EPF website and the process is indeed simple. You do not even have to upload the photo of the document as this is verified digitally with the department. If your account is not KYC Compliant yet then you must go ahead and do it right away.
How to generate UAN yourself based on Aadhaar: Direct Allotment of UAN
As per the old procedure, you had to go through several documents on the first day with your new employer to get a UAN Number and a PF Number for yourself. This involved a lot of paperwork and it took a lot of time as well. Well, do you know that this is a thing of past as you do not have to go through that sort of documentation anymore? Now, you may question us that Why and how has the process been changed?
Well, for your information, the EPFO has now rolled out a new process where the employee can generate his UAN Number by himself before even joining the organization. All the employers are now encouraging this practice because this new process has reduced the paperwork formalities for the employee as well employer.
Moreover, the process to generate the UAN number is quite simple and all this process is an online process. This means that you do not have to send any hard copy of the documents to anyone. There is one pre-requisite of this process and the pre-requisite is that you need to have an Aadhaar card with you and the Aadhaar card should have phone number linked to it.
If you meet the above pre-requisite then you can look at the process listed below to generate your UAN Number.
Step to Generate UAN Yourself based on Aadhaar: Direct Allotment of UAN
- Since this service is offered by EPFO, you need to visit the EPFO website. The homepage of the website is https://epfindia.gov.in/ but you need to visit the Employee EPFO Member Portal. The link to the employee portal is right on the homepage but if you do not find the link then you can click on the link – https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php?id=sm2_index
- From this page, navigate your way to the page which is used to provide the online services. To reach to this page, you need to click on Member UAN / Online Service. On this new page, you will find a link for Online Aadhaar UAN Allotment.
- The above mentioned link needs to be used to get the UAN Number with the Aadhaar Number. If you do not find the link then you can simply click here – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/no-auth/citizenRegistration/viewRegistraton
- You will be now taken to a new page and you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. Key in your Aadhaar number and click on generate OTP number. You will receive an OTP and hence, enter the OTP and click on Submit Button.
- Now, the system will fetch your details from the Aadhaar database. Most of the details will be auto-populated but there are some details that you might have to enter manually. Also, verify the details that are displayed on the scheme.
- Enter the captcha code displayed in the image and click on the register Once the details are validated, the UAN will be created and it will be displayed on the next screen. You can copy the UAN and you can then activate the UAN.
This UAN Number can be shared with the employer and this will ease off the process for you as well as the employer. You must already be aware of the benefits of UAN. Hence, create your UAN before joining an organization for the first time.
If you already have a UAN then this process will not work for you as you can only have 1 UAN number for an Aadhaar number. It is just like Aadhaar number and hence no one can have more than 1 UAN number. If you already have a UAN Number then you need to share that number with your employer and you can transfer the corpus from your old PF account to the new PF account using this UAN.
How to link Aadhaar to EPF (UAN) using online?
We can’t really emphasise on the importance of linking the Aadhaar card with your UAN. The process is really important and you must not miss the process. Not linking your Aadhaar card to the portal can have several consequences. One such consequence can be that you might not be allowed to avail any service on the EPF Member Portal. This includes the transfer or withdrawal of PF. In such a case, don’t you think that it would be a wise decision to link the Aadhaar card to your UAN?
Moreover, the process is based online and it would not take more than two minutes.The only pre-requisite here is that you must have the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar number. If that is done, you can easily validate your Aadhaar Number and link your Aadhaar number with the UAN Number. If the account is not linked then you will have to follow the offline procedure.
Steps to Link Aadhaar Number to EPF (UAN) Using Online Process
- The link for the webpage to link the Aadhaar number with the UAN is listed on the EPF Member Portal. If you are not able to find the link then you do not have to worry about it as you can simply follow the link https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/LinkUanAadhaar.How+To+Update+Aadhaar+KYC+EPFO-UAN+Unified+Portal+Pen+Bank+Detail+Aadhaar
- On this page, you need to enter the UAN Number, once that is done, you can enter your mobile number and generate the OTP with help of the button there. Enter the OTP in the field and also enter your gender and Aadhaar Number.
- Now, you can select the Mobile/Email verification for the Aadhaar number. If you choose mobile/Email verification then an OTP will be shared with you and you can enter the OTP in the designated area.
- Enter the captcha code and submit the form. This will now complete the process and your UAN Number will now be linked to the Aadhaar number.
This was the process to link the Aadhaar number to UAN Number. If in case, you face any issue with the process or if you are stuck at any step then you can also get in touch with the EPFO and they will help you out. If you are not able to receive the OTP for the Aadhaar then it is better to get in touch with the Aadhaar helpline.
However, as mentioned earlier, if your phone number is not linked to the Aadhaar number then you will have to opt for the offline verification of Aadhaar number. This process can take more than 15 days. If you still wish to opt for the online process then you may first update your Aadhaar card with the phone number and then you can link your UAN to the Aadhaar number. This process is a lot quicker and easy to follow.
How to link Aadhaar to EPF (UAN) using offline?
You might already be aware of the fact that you need to link the Aadhaar card with the UAN Number. Also, if you need, you can follow this process online. It not only saves your time but it also saves you from the pain of the offline process. However, there is one challenge in following the online process. This challenge is that you need to have the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar number to opt for the online verification.
It is mandatory to have the mobile number linked to the Aadhaar number because you receive the OTP for authenticating the link. If this is not done then you have an option to link the Aadhaar number to the UAN number through the offline medium. Here, we have shared the offline process to link the Aadhaar card to EPF Account or UAN Number.
Steps to Link Aadhaar to EPF (UAN) Using Offline
- To link the Aadhaar card to EPF using the offline process, you will have to visit the Employee Provident Fund Office in your area. You can try and find the office near you with help of the link – http://search.epfoservices.org:81/locate_office/office_location.php
- Once you are aware of the office location, visit the office on a working day and obtain a form for Aadhaar Seeding. The executive at the office will give you the form. You will now have to fill in this form with the details and once the form is filled, you can verify the details in the form.
- It is important to verify the details on the form as entering the wrong details can create problems. You will then have to attach a copy of the Aadhaar card and do not forget to self-attest the copy of Aadhaar card.
- After completing all these things, simply proceed with the submission of the form. As mentioned earlier, the form needs to be submitted at EPFO and you will receive an acknowledgment for the submission of the form.
- Post submission, the Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN in about 15 days of the time. The process is only completed after the verification is complete. After the Aadhaar has been linked, you will also get a text message on your phone to confirm the same.
This is how you can link the Aadhaar card to your EPF account. If you do not have an Aadhaar card then you will have to wait for your Aadhaar card first as you can’t use the enrolment ID here to link the Aadhaar card to the UAN Number. Also, it is mandatory to link the Aadhaar card to the UAN number and hence ensure that you have done this if you are planning to change your job or else you will find it difficult to withdraw or transfer your EPF.
You might want to know that many times, the HR executive of your employer can help you in linking the Aadhaar number to the UAN Number. You can approach the HR for the same and this will actually eliminate the need of visiting the EPFO to get the Aadhaar Seeding Form and Visiting the office to submit this form.
How to link PAN Card with EPF Account – Online
Just like Aadhaar card, you would have to link your PAN Card with EPF. This not only serves the purpose of the KYC Verification but it also serves the purpose of ensuring that you receive the tax benefits that you are entitled to. Again,to begin with, you need to have your UAN Number and the PAN Number to link the two.
If you have your PAN Number handy with you then we can tell you how to link your PAN Number to the UAN Number or EPF Account via online process. It would not take more than 5 minutes to complete this linkage but it would certainly help you in future.
Also, as per the standard rule, EPF deducts 10% of TDS if you withdraw your funds before 5 years. In addition to this, you might not be aware of the fact that this amount can reach as high as 34.608% if your PAN Card is not linked to the EPF Account. Both these cases are valid for the corpus above Rs 50,000. If the amount is below Rs 50,000 then no TDS will be deducted.
Below is the process to link the PAN Card with the EPF Account and you can follow the process as it is listed below. We have also shared the links to the page and hence you would not have a hard time in finding the correct links.
Steps to Link PAN Card with EPF Account
- Visit the EPFO Member Portal to begin the process of linking the PAN Card with the EPF Account. If you are not aware of the correct web address then you can simply follow this link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- The link will redirect you to the homepage of EPFO Employee Porta. On the right side corner of the page, you will notice that there is space for you to login using the EPFO Member Login Details. Use this space and login to your account with the UAN And your Password. Also, enter the captcha code before logging in.
- Once you login using the UAN Login details, you will be taken to the homepage of the account. From the top menu bar, click on Manage and now click on KYC.
- You will see a long list of documents but do not worry, you do not have to enter all the details here. You just need to enter your PAN Number. To do this, you need to click on the radio button next to PAN Card and then you need to enter the PAN Number along with your Name of the PAN Card
- Ensure that the spelling is correct as spelling mistake can lead to the problem and you will then have to link the two again.
- Once the details have been entered, click on Save button. The records will then be forwarded to NSDL for verification. It may take a week time to verify the records.
After the verification, the PAN Card will be linked to your EPF Account. You do not have to track the status of the PAN Card and you do not have to worry about anything. Linking the PAN Card with EPF account will ensure that the correct amount of TDS is deducted from EPF if you withdraw your funds before 5 years.
How to link PAN Card with EPF Account – Offline
As you know that if you withdraw your EPF Savings before 5 years, you will have to pay the TDS on the amount if the amount is greater than Rs 50,000. The TDS could be higher than 30% if your PAN Card is not linked with the EPF Account. EPFO has provided facility to link the PAN Card with the EPF Account via online medium but there are some people who would like to use the offline procedure.
This could also be because of the problems such as their mobile number is not linked to the UAN. This disables the user from getting the OTP on the mobile and hence they can’t activate their UAN Account. In such a case, the user need might need to link the phone number first. But what if it is urgent to link the PAN Card with EPF Account? Well, there is a way out and the procedure can be followed through an offline medium as well.
Here, we have shared the details to link the PAN Card with EPF Account through offline mode and this should help you in getting the job done.
Steps to Link PAN Card with EPF Account
- To begin with, you need to know the location of the EPF Office in your area. You will have to visit the EPF Office on a working day during the working hours. Once you find out the details, visit the office to link the PAN Card with the EPF Account.
- Now, obtain a KYC Form from the executive there and fill in the form carefully with the details. Enter the details of your PAN Card on the form and also verify it again that the details are correct. Only use capital letters while filling in the form.
- Attach a self-attested Xerox copy of the PAN Card with the form and submit the form to the executive at the EPF Office.
- Also, ensure that you have obtained the acknowledgment from the executive. Once that is done, you can be assured that the PAN Card will be linked to your EPF Account.
Through the offline medium, it can again take about 2 weeks to get the PAN Number linked with the EPF Account but be assured, that this will be linked after submitting the application and you would not have to worry about the high TDS Deduction during the EPF Withdrawal. This was all about linking the PAN Card via EPF and if your UAN Account is active then we would really recommend you to link the two with the online process.
What does your UAN Card contain?
With help of your UAN Number and UAN Login Details, you can also download your UAN Card. Do you know what does the UAN Card Contains? Also, do you know the use of this UAN Card? Well, if you are not aware of all these things then do not worry as we have listed all this information here and in addition to this, we have also listed the process to download the UAN Card.
We will first talk about the process to download the UAN card and then we will talk about the details it has.
Steps to Download UAN Card
- To download the UAN Card, you need to visit the Employee Portal of EPFO. The link to the portal is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Login to the portal with your EPFO Member Login ID and password. Ensure that your UAN is active before you attempt an EPFO login using your EPFO Member Login
- On the dashboard of your account, you will notice a link for UAN Card. Click on the link and you will be taken to a new page where your UAN Card will be displayed.
- You can download this card from the Download button on the top right corner and the card will be saved on your local drive. You can obtain the print out of the UAN Card for future reference.
This was the process to print the UAN Card which is issued by EPFO. Now, let us talk about the details that the card has. This will help you in understanding what this card is all about. Following are the details on the card
- The first piece of information you will find on the card is the UAN Number. This is usually printed in red colour and it is just below the logo of EPFO.
- The next information that you will find on this card is your name. Just below this, you will find the name of your husband or your father.
- Below the name of father/husband, you will find the details of the KYC. If the KYC is completed, it would mention a Yes or else a No would be printed here.
- Talking about the backside, the card has the UAN Number printed along with a QR Code.
This was all about the UAN Card and in case of any discrepancy in the data displayed on UAN Card, you can simply go ahead and contact the EPFO. The data will be corrected as per the records submitted by you.
Overview on EPF Interest Rate
You would already be aware of the fact that EPFO offers the Interest on your savings in the EPF and this is where you get to notice the true power of compounding. The interest rate that is applicable to the EPF is much higher than the several saving schemes that are offered by the bank.
Do you know how often is the interest rate revised by the government? Well, this interest rate is revised every quarter depending on the market condition and the gains made by EPFO. You might also be interested in knowing the interest rates and well, for the year 2017-2018, the interest rates are 8.55%. For the previous years, these interest rates were higher and they were 8.65%.
The decision to set the interest rate is taken by the board of trustees in the board meetings and it is communicated to the people in a press release. As per a trend analysis, it is noticed that the interest rate in EPF is falling since last few years but it is still towards a higher end. We have already shared the rate of interest for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 but do you know that interest rate was at 8.8% in the year2015-2016.
You might also want to know the constituents of the Board of Directors who take this decision. For your information, the board includes representatives of trade union, representatives of employers, representative of central government and representative of state government. Once the decision has been taken for the revision of the interest rate, the decision is validated by the finance minister before it has been finalized for the people.
This fall in interest rate usually discourages the people to invest in the same but there are many people who still love to invest more in EPF as the scheme is safe and it offers higher returns when compared to the many other schemes that are available in the market.
The lowest interest rate in Indian history had been 3% and this was from the year 1952 to the year 1955. The highest rate had been 12% and this was from the year 1989 to the year 2000. You can also check the history of the interest rate from the inception of the EPFO and to check the history of the interest rate, visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_docs/PDFs/MiscPDFs/InterestRate_OnPFAccumulationsSince1952.pdf
How to Check Pension Status in mis.epfindia.gov.in website
In past, it had been quite difficult to track the status of the pension payments but this all has changed since the launch of a new portal https://mis.epfindia.gov.in. This portal can be used to check the status of the pension payments and you can simply check the details with help of the order number or even the bank account number. There are many other services offered by the website but here, we are specifically going to talk about the status to check the pension status.
Steps to Check Pension Status
- To check the pension status, you need to visit https://mis.epfindia.gov.in and on this website, you will notice various options on the left side of the screen.
- From the list of options displayed, you need to click on Know Your Pension Status. This will load up a box on the screen which can be used to track the status of the pension.
- In this box, you need to select the issuing office first of all. Once that is selected, you need to enter the PPO Number.
- Click on the Get Status Button after entering these details and the status of your pension will then be displayed on the screen.
If you are not aware of the pension number then do not worry as you can simply find the PPO number from the website. Here is the process to find the PPO Number for the pension.
- From the left side of the screen, you can click on Know Your PPO No. This will display a search window on the screen.
- You need to enter your search criteria here. You can search via Bank Account Number or you can search via Member ID.
- Enter the Bank Account Number or Member ID and then submit the details. The next screen will display the PPO Number. The process is quite simple and this is all you need to follow to get the PPO Number.
You will now have the PPO Number. You can use this to know your Pension Status. With help of this portal, you can also make a PPO Enquiry or a Payment enquiry and the option for this is also given on the left side of the screen.
In case of issue with the payment of pension, you can get in touch with the EPFO office and they will certainly help you in resolving any type of query in regards to the pension payment.
Getting in Touch with Employee Provident Fund Organization
It is also possible to get in touch with the Employee Provident Fund Organization to address any query or to seek help on any of the technical issues. In addition to this, you can also contact the EPFO Office for escalating any of the issues as they can help you in resolving any of the problems. Here are the contact details for getting in touch with EPFO
Contact Number – 1800 11 8005
This is the toll-free number for EPFO and you can them during the working days between 9:15 AM to 5:45 PM. There is usually no wait on the line so you would not have to wait for the agent to answer the call.
Email Address – email@example.com
While emailing the team, do not forget about mentioning your UAN number and your mobile number so that the team can get in touch with you if required.
Online Request – epfindia.gov.in
EPFO UAN Login Frequently Asked Questions
Your UAN should also be linked with the Aadhaar Number and your UAN should be active.
There should be no deposit from the last employer for last one month.
Your mobile number should be linked to your UAN Number as you will receive the OTP on your mobile number.
Q1: What is the Official Website for EPFO?
You can access the official website of EPFO by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Member Portal Link – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
EPFO Website – https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
Q2: What if I do not know my UAN Number?
If you do not know your UAN Number then do not worry as it is easy to recover your UAN number with help of the Know the Status of UAN. If you are not sure about the process then simply go to the link mentioned below and follow the process. The UAN number along with the status will be shared with you through SMS. If the UAN is inactivated then simply activate the UAN.
Q3: Do I Need to Register while Logging in for the First Time?
Yes, you need to activate your UAN before logging in for the first time. The activation will allow you to set your password for the UAN which will basically help you in accessing your member’s portal every time. Follow the link mentioned below to activate your UAN
Q4: Is it possible to check Passbook on Member Portal?
Member’s portal does not let you check the passbook as of now. You would have to access the EPFO Portal to check your passbook. In future, there is the probability that all these features would be integrated into one single website.
Q5: My Previous Provident Fund Numbers are not listed on UAN, What do I do?
It is okay if your previous Provident Fund Number is not listed under your UAN. This usually happens when the amount from the last PF is transferred or withdrawn. If in case the funds are still parked in your old PF number then you must contact the UAN helpdesk.
Q6: My Contact Number is wrong, Can I correct it?
It is possible for the members to correct the email id along with the contact number but you need to have the old mobile number with you in order to make any changes to the contact details as an OTP will be shared with you on your old mobile number. Without this OTP, you will not be able to change the Contact Details.
Q7: Is it mandatory to complete KYC?
Yes, it is mandatory for you to be KYC Complaint or else you will not be able to avail services like PF withdrawal and PF transfer. To avail all these services, you need to be KYC Compliant. It would not take more than 2 minutes to register your KYC with the UAN.
Q8: What Documents can be submitted for KYC Process?
All the general documents can be submitted for KYC Completion. The list includes your PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Bank Account Details, Driving Licence and Ration Card. You can simply submit a digital copy of these documents to complete your KYC registration.
Q9: Will my Employer get an Intimation about Transfer or withdrawal Request?
Yes, your employee will get a notification about the withdrawal request or the PF Transfer Request. If in case you are putting in a PF transfer request then your new employee will get an intimation and the request will only be processed after their approval.
Q10: Can I Change my UAN?
No, you can’t change your UAN even after you change your employer. This number would remain same throughout your life and all the PF numbers will be displayed under this UAN Number. You can have multiple PF numbers but you can have only one UAN Number and that remains same as your PAN number. When you change your employer, the new employer will add the new PF Number under the same UAN Number.
Q11: I am Stuck, Whom do I Contact?
If in case you are stuck at any step then you can contact the UAN Helpdesk. The contact details for the UAN Helpdesk are mentioned above and you can contact them via phone or email. It is also possible for you to escalate an issue with help of the UAN Helpdesk.